Monday, February 26, 2007

Kimmy has left the building, next stop UTOPIA!








Have you ever wondered what it would be like to pack up all your kids, things, pets, hubby, quit your job and head for the unknown? That's exactly what my friend, Kimmy did! well, is doing anyway.
We met about 4 years ago when she came to work for me. I was still green in the supervisory roll and totally unsure about everything I was doing. She had a really strong personality, but she was, what you saw, she held nothing back, If she felt she was being wronged she'd let you know. Personally, there were afew others working with the same type of personality but they were only out for themselves, not for the betterment of the department, or co-workers. Kim had no hidden agenda.
Time went on and we became good friends. We had some parallel in our lives but not many. We both had babies born within a month of each other, twice actually, we dealt with teenagers, liked cheesy romance novels, and really just wanted to make it through another day at work and come out sane!
Time moves forward, and it's 4 years later, she was my office mate for the last year. But now, she's leaving, she's leaving deadbeat relatives, her son, who, by the grace of God will grow up and realize how much lucky he really was. And I think worse of all her 7 year old grandson, who will be staying with his mother's side of the family, where they will cater to him like there is no tomorrow. He's going to be living with a childless Aunt and Uncle, who so desperately wanted to have children.
Friday was kimmy's last day at work. We hit the local bar where we proceded to drink, eat, and laugh like there was no tomorrow. Sunday the plan was to scoot all those not moving .. there were 3 of them, out of the house, so they could pack, clean, and leave for a new life!!! She's already got a job waiting for her when she gets there, a house to live in and family about 30 miles to the west and 30 miles to the east of where she'll be living. Yes, this is her Utopia!
Kim, I wish you well!!! have a safe trip!!!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi ,
I really admire Kimmy's courage to want to move up and ahead.
If she is ever reading this, best luck to you !!
I'am sure that you will both miss each other. But, good firends always find the road back to each other's arms again.

It looked like a great party too!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I wish her well too. Now why wasn't I invited to the party.

Oh yeah...I'm in PA :(

bananas62 said...

Hey Barbara~
She is who got me into "blogging" in the first place! I'm sure she will see this... maybe after the move, as I think the computers are packed up and on their way.

Mistress.... well, you know if you were closer you'd be there too!!!

SpanishGoth said...

I shall wish Kimmy all the best from here as I think this may well be her first port of call.

No invite for me either...... :-( oh yeah, I'm in Belgium

ditzymoi said...

I had a fantastic time friday night... I was plastered !!
Thank you for all the pictures and memories ..you were the bestest office/room mate ever! I love you bunches
I miss you already ....

Pendullum said...

Ohhhh... I am cryin for you guys....
What a great send off...
Looking forward toreading kim's trials and certain tribulations!!!(Post soon Kim!!!)
Go Kim Go!!!!
You are such a good friend Ms. Bananas62... I can feel it in my bones!