Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can you believe it???

Someone very famous hits our town! No one ever comes here.. Although there was big controversy when they brought Neil Diamond here for a concert, and Dubya was here, that was something all these FBI/secret service guys on top of City Hall with their Riot Gear on, but for the most part famous people just don't come to the BIG VALLEY.

But today was different, you see there is this Bicycle Tour of California with 144 world class cyclists making a 650 mile trek through California, it's a race, they've been to the wine country, passed by the Golden Gate bridge and today they it My town, as they head their way to San jose and they will eventually end up in long beach! My legs are tired already!

Lance Armstrong was here today as one of the promoters of this amazing Race! No, Really, Lance Armstrong. Normally, I wounldn't give a "rats pa tootie" that this was going on, But My Boss, and 3 of my supervisors and a couple of employees are big into the cycling thing, they went to the event to check it out there was Lance as plan as day, Big as Life! They came back to the yard, like a bunch of little boys who had just seen their football hero up close and personal and they had to share with us the autographs they got! It was pretty cool. During the race apparently they went through the less than beautiful part of town, but I'm hoping they wont think us too "hicky".

Yep! That was cool, I'm anxious to see the pictures in the paper tomorrow morning. This stuff just doesn't happen in "my little town."

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi !
Last summer, we had the "Tour de France " race, pass through our town, before heading to the finish in Paris.
But, I didn't go. I hate crowds to start, and I'am not a cycling fan either.As much a cycling fan as Bananas is ;)
But, if it made the boss & co-workers happy, whatever.

Have a nice day !

Anthony said...

The race is (or was) on Versus, the cable channel that used to be called Outdoor Life, or something.
Anyway, check the listings and mayvbe the Big Valley is on the TV.

BTW, big fan of cycling (and one myself in the warm months) and I really don't like the attention it gets for the drug stuff. I suppose it's happening in most sports now, and the witch hunt for Americans in France is a bit odd.