Thursday, March 15, 2007

My thoughts for a Thursday....

I love it when I can come home and the t.v. is OFF, and all the adults, or children, for that matter are off doing their own thing leaving NONI (me)and Baby K to play! Well, as much as a 10 month old and a 44 year old can play. We've spent the last hour playing "isty bitsy spider" * which she is clearly getting the grasp of* and she can't tell me "Noni, you can't sing so good"(cuz Noni couldn't carry a tune...in a bucket) and then we just sat in "baby central" =Baby central used to be our dining room before the remodel=I had the video camera on her for about 40 minutes, she went from toy to drawer to toy to riding toy to bouncing toy to drawer -where she continues to pull out , oh lets see everything, yet again.- to toy vacuum cleaner to little drum set, just having a blast. She was (baby) talking to herself the whole time! Then she found it... the bead necklace she got at chuck E. Cheese. that what hilarious! Tried and tried as might, she just couldn't get that thing over her head and around her neck, a good thing I'm sure... but the Stubborn Italian Blood in her, wouldn't let her give up! Atta girl.. K!!! this will be the last little bit of time I get to spend with her before she goes to "S 4 B's " tomorrow. We have a lot of fun!

Do you ever wonder how life would be if there we're no phones? It's now 9:16pm... and the phone just rang, not the kids' cell phones but the house phone...excuse me, but didn't we have a no calls after 9 pm rule? I guess I missed the memo, recanting that rule!

Kimmy. I think my computer is going to take a powder again.!!! It's acting really funky... gee could it be someone's myspace mucking up my processor? I'm thinking LAP TOP, locked in my room with no access available by a 13 year old!!! your opinion please?

Apparently, my office is the "red headed" step-child of the company. My boss shot me an Email the other day asking about a corporate wide procedure, you know the email... "are you on board with this?" Unfortunately, my only response was... "on board with what?" Apparently I didn't get the memo about this new procedure. Too many people at the top, directing the show. I'm on board now!!! HEll, I'm so on board, the equipment isn't even at my location yet and I've got all the data, ready to roll! My boss loves me ... I hope! worried brow is forming!

I am so not a country music person, by any means, but I just bought the Rascal Flatts CD.. OMG!!!! Really, Really, Good! Track 3 is about what would happen if you played a country song backwards.. you get your dog back, you get your best friend jack, back. it's really a catchy little ditty, you have to hear it to appreciate... I bought it for track 2, in case anyone cared! it reminds me of someone.

DUKE lost! Sorry Coach K. you can't win every year, apparently this was the first UPSET of the day... Normally, I've taken the Portable tv to work with me to listen to the games.. but since Pacific' s not in it this year, the tv will continue to collect dust in the corner until Pacific's back in the saddle-or on the court. Next year will work for me!

Fundraisers, Fundraisers, Fundraisers! It seems as soon as one is over another one starts! little G is working on a "school wide " fundraiser, and next fund raiser will be for her Washington DC trip next October! I don't even get a break, between My Children and Grandchildren, as soon as little G is out of the fundraiser age... Little Little G (the other granddaughter almost 2) will just be about starting school..it's a vicious cycle, but Noni loves her kids... so, what the hell, it's only money and I can't take it with me.

did you hear about the Pizza Parlor in NY that makes a $1,000.00 pizza? Good Lord. I heard about it on Bob and Tom this morning! Comments about it can not be repeated, Then I heard about it on another Radio Station... cavier, lobster tail, Yuck!!! on Pizza. That's just wrong! Any time your out in my area...,I've got a Pizza place for you! Too die for and considerably less than $125.00 a slice! But with a 125.00 we could have one helluva time!

And speaking of one helluva a good time....na... you'll just have to wait until next time....

Hey, if your in a variable rate mortgage, it' best to jump ship on that loan now.!!!! Rate are rising everyday and people are losing their homes... because some moron at the mortgage broker's office told them they could afford 2500.00 a month on a house payment... hum,,, that at the 1% interest for the first 2 years... what does one do when that 1% jumps to 8 or 9%? shuddering just thinking about it, yet relieved, it's not me. we just refi'd but the payment is no where near 2500.00/month...

my computer is just pissing me off now, so rather than continue to be annoyed, I will bid you all, my friends, a restful night and rocking friday!!!! Scads of emotions to all of you!





5 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey Anne,
You always seem to have something going on !
That is SO CUTE about playtime with little K . You are right to spend time and play because they grow up so fast.
A supporting Noni too ( I won't say grandma; you're too young for that !!) to help her grandchildren's fund raising.

I hope your computer holds up too.

Take care and have a good weekend.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I hate when the memo doesn't make it.

Anthony said...

I blogged about that pizza joint. There's something about opulence that irritates the crap outta me.

ditzymoi said...

kids are evil! ill see if i can get some tips from Dick and that will help till he can get a look at it
*hugs* youre such a good noni ... and i miss you lots

Pendullum said...

So cute...
You are a great Noni..