Tuesday, March 13, 2007

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS... BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO LISTEN?

1) WHEN DOES ONE DRAW THE LINE; QUIT DRINKING OR GET THE HELL OUT?
2) WHY DO YOU ALWAYS FEEL TO NEED TO DRINK? DO WE MAKE YOU THAT UN HAPPY? GET THE HELL OUT THEN.
3) DO YOU REALIZE YOUR KIDS THINK OF YOU...LIKE YOU THINK OF YOUR FATHER?
4)YOU MAY HAVE STOPPED SMOKING BUT THAT SHOULDN'T BE AN EXCUSE TO DRINK LIKE A FISH.?
5)WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT A JERK YOU ARE?
6)WHY CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE YOUR FATHER?
7)DO YOU REALIZE, IF I HAD THE FORESIGHT TO KNOW THEN, WHAT I KNOW NOW, YOU'D BE A MEMORY?
8)DON'T YOU REALIZE YOU'RE KILLING YOURSELF?
9)MY PARENTS DIDN'T DRINK AND YOURS WERE ALCOHOLICS WHAT WILL OUR CHILDREN TURN OUT TO BE?
10)CAN YOU TELL I'M VERY UNHAPPY?

5 comments:

Pendullum said...

OH Noooo...
What are you going to do?????

Anthony said...

I can tell.

That's a Hell of a problem. However, a friend told her husband she was going to leave him unless he straightened out. He sobbed like a baby and straightened out - for now.

I'd be willing to wager that, if he truly loves you, he will do whatever is necessary to keep you in his life.
Otherwise, maybe it is best that he not be in yours.

bananas62 said...

Hey guys! What am I going to do? (Good question.. a smart person would say "BASTA (stop) this has gone on long enough-I'm outta here")This has been a big problem(pretty much the only problem) in our marriage for about the last 15 years...( I should have left then) but now, I've invested (or wasted) the last 15 years trying to figure it all out... I was so ticked off last night I slept on the couch, which, while he didn't remember, he figured, he "tweaked" somehow. What would I tell any of my friends? Leave his sorry self.. but most of my friends don't already have 20 marriages either. (my sorry excuse, I suppose) I'm pretty much to the point- I'm ready to leave..I told him once, You know it felt really good!!! Then he stopped for about 3 weeks.. then the pattern starts slowly again...

Barbara said...

I'am sorry to hear this, Anne :(
It' is a self-destructive behavoir that also hurts everyone around him.
I would only have one word,and you probabaly have been through that :
AA
But, he has to make a big first step.I hope that he makes the RIGHT decision.

I'am thinking of you,

bananas62 said...

Hey Barbara,
Yes, I can sit and nag and nag, which is not my style AT ALL. or HE can choose to do something about HIS problem... We've done the AA thing and the ala non thing. but why should I have to go to meetings when I'm not the one drinking?