Friday, March 09, 2007

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR, WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED?

It seems to happen every year. Open enrollment (Insurance benefits) comes and goes and low and behold there is always 1 knucklehead who comes into my office and wants to know 1)when open enrollment is and 2) why weren't they notified? Today was no exception.
SHAKING MY HEAD AS I WRITE THIS...
Our open enrollment is the last week in January and first week in February. I get "OPEN ENROLLMENT" posters and post them in the most obvious location...TIME CLOCK...There is newsletters that go out starting in early December and just about every other week until the end of open enrollment, another clue? How about the big white envelope that states in BOLD BLUE letters.. open enrollment materials enclosed... but I digress...
Still shaking my head...
Now with that all out, I'm sitting in my office this morning trying to down my first in what could be 3 or 4 cups of coffee...~smiling at the thought of coffee~ and in walks one of my drivers, who wanted to know when open enrollment was..
Open enrollment was 2 weeks ago...
So I have two more weeks to enroll?
No, it ended two weeks ago.
Oh, how come no one told me?
There was a sign by the time clock...
oh, I didn't see it...
taking a really deep breath as it's 6 am and I'm not in the mood to deal with stupidity, it's Friday after all.
It's been posted over the time clock for a month. it's not just on a piece of 8x10 paper.
yes, but i wanted to make changes, because they are charging me too much for my insurance, I wanted to pay the same amount that everyone else is paying, why can't I change...
Because open enrollment is over with, what will happen is, everything will roll over into the same plan you had.Do you know what plan you have?
No
Do you have your insurance card with you?
NO
But it's too much money, I don't want to pay that much money...
I'm thinking to myself this man has a lucrative business on the side and he's not dumb, but right now he's the I don't speak English so well and I don't understand so well and I'm getting angry because he's playing that "conveniently stupid" card. which annoys the bejesuses out of me. Tell me you f-ed up, I'll respect that.But don't play stupid. pah...my head is spinning around.....
this went on for about 10 minutes as to why he is stuck with the plan he had bottom line, he didn't take care of his own business. I finally conceded that I would contact the powers that be and see what he is paying.
So I went to his supervisor's office and told him the conversation.. SUPERVISOR ROLLS HIS EYES
sO as it ended, he'll need to contact the3rd party administrator to try to plead his case... Good luck dude!
And how was your day!!!????






5 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Ann,
Where did that dude come from, the Twilight zone,!
I can't believe with all these reminders, he "didn't" notice the closing date !!
You have my sympathy...
Here's hoping that you can really wind down this weekend .

Take care,

The Mistress of the Dark said...

My day was horrid. I have not 1 but 2 count em' 2 dead cell phones. One is in two pieces and the other isn't taking a charge properly.

~sigh~

Pendullum said...

Ahhh What happened....
I can not see your blog...
What's a girl to do?
The font is too small for my aged eyes....
I will try and figure out how to see it better...
Need my fix of you my dear...

Jennfactor 10 said...

WHAT?
OPEN ENROLLMENT IS OVER?

Oh, chicky, I don't envy you at all. Okay, maybe the office. But you can keep the disgruntled drivers.

:D

bananas62 said...

Hey Barbara! He's not exactly from the Twilight zone.. but... close!!!
It looks like it's going to be a great weekend!!!

Mistress. 2 dead phones! I think, I could like that myself, but It is frustrating... is the 2nd one the new one??

Pend... Sorry, I changed the font... It was a tad hard for me to read as well!

Jen...some of the office folk are as bad as the driver folk...