Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meeting of the minds!

We met with Little S & S 4 b this afternoon. We told him our expectations and why we were less than enthused about their pending nuptials. We bought ourselves at the very minimum of 6 months. Well, it's a start. We told him that we wanted to see S continue school, she's been very focused up until now, he agreed. We want them to go through "couples counseling" especially after all the crap he has pulled and all the issues, mind games and bullshit, he agreed, "anything to prove to you I'm willing to do what it takes to make S happy" Whatever, This kid is good... I mean really good. He could make a Sinking man buy an anchor, hes' so good.

I did most of the talking . Hubby is dealing with the fact that his heart is breaking. (she asked him to walk her down the aisle, he said no he couldn't in good faith do this task.) This is not a good match, fit, situation. (hubby was 22 when he married for the first time... reliving a bit of history, yes, I suppose you could say that, and well... it's a life experience) I asked how his parents felt.. after a bit of himming and hawwwwing.. I believe they feel the same way as we do... they're not even 20 yet!!! Plus that S called his mom a "whore" a month ago, this is just not good.

This is not how I envisioned my daughter's life as an adult, starting out. I figured she finish school, then after she got herself established in her field, she find a wonderful person that would love her and her daughter. But NOOOOO . She so fricking stupid.. as we're talking this afternoon, she's rolling her eyes at some of the things I said.. OK rolling the eyes is not a sign of maturity little girl~~~~ sitting on my hands to keep from wringing her neck!~~~~ then they left. My take on the whole thing...They are too young, too immature, and too stupid about LIFE to be doing such a thing as getting married.

I do admire the fact he admitted he made poor choices...however, that's what I wanted to hear...and he knew it, like I said sinking man...anchor.

We told him though, seeing is believing. I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

oh lordy..lordy...lordy...

I don't think I have any other words.

Barbara said...

Hey Ann,
I'am trying to follow, too...

Try and stay cool; at least you are keeping the lines of communication open, despite it all.

Pendullum said...

Ohhh myyy...
One of my greatest fears has just knocked on your door...

bananas62 said...

MIstress! I can't believe my daughter just gets stupid when it comes to this kid. and he is just that!

Barbara! Communication is good but he is a compulsive liar... go figure... she just needs to know we love her but we can't really be excited... and I really don't think she is either...

Oh Pen! Love your little Scooter and never let her get involved with someone that her best friend doesn't like.!!!