Tuesday, November 21, 2006

HIGHWAY CHAOS! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, I'M A WOMAN ON THE EDGE!

After putting in a couple of hours of OT tonite I was thinking my 10 minute drive home might be somewhat relaxing after a flippin 11 hour day. But alas my disappointment, the "5" was seriously backed up, it was almost 6pm! Usually, it's not a problem getting home on the "5" without too much "taking ones life in ones own hands" But tonite? Crap! I was seriously on the edge, not in the mood for those lucky bastards who are already on the road, ready for an unusually long holiday weekend! It was kind of like hurry up so we can come to a complete stop, but I'm gonna do it in front of you, not in back of you! Nobody has any type of highway ettiquette anymore, except maybe a few truckers, there's no merging, leaving a couple of car lengths between you and the car in front. Stop and go, Stop and Go, and if people just keep a steady pace, it wouldn't be so stop and go. For Christ sakes people get a clue! Then you have the little "clown boy" in the souped up Honda with illegal muffler weaving in and out of traffic not using a blinker, just being a d*ck, or the person in the car behind me, riding my ass... (you wanna ride my ass you better be pulling my hair!) I was ready to go "postal" it was a long day and I wasn in no mood! I thought for a couple of times this person was going to slam into me. I was in the slow lane as my exit was just up aways but unfortunately so was this persons'... finally I made it home in one piece, 25 minutes later, but i'm home, and trying to unwind so I can have another fun filled day at the office. I love my job I love my job I love my job, I just thank God I have good music going at all times...car, office AT ALL TIMES!

SO, while out on the road this weekend take care and be careful! I'd miss you if you were gone!

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Take a few deep breaths now and it will be OK. :)

bananas62 said...

In 2-3, out 2-3, In 2-3, out 2-3...
much better :-) thanks! and I do forget to just let "it" go! It's a better day today...I promised myself no 11 hour work day, for tonite, I party... well maybe just a little bit!

I am going to attempt to post my T13 a little differently this week, but it won't be up probably until mid morning-ish... I am planning on sleeping in... well, at least until 7:30 or 8:00.

Anonymous said...

LMAO, sounds like somebody needs a rub down. I sense a bit of road rage; excuse me blog rage! But that's cool, I'm glad you got it off your chest, bananagirl. Be thankful you don't live in Chi-town where riding someones's ass can get pretty hairy -- doh! LOL, holiday traffic can be a real bump and grind... Okay, I'll stop.

In any event Ann, I wish you a happy and safe TG. Enjoy!

bananas62 said...

Chuck my Friend!

maybe THAT'S what I need??? lol!
I won't go any farther! I suppose It could be worse for me.... traffic wise that is...;-)

Anyways... have a fabulous holiday! and if you can't stay sober ... stay safe! I didn't reallyjust write that did I?? sorry...