Thursday, November 30, 2006

6 WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME!

Ok, My friend, Jen tagged me and now I'm it...I'm supposed to tell you 6 weird things about me, and in complete detail then in turn... tag 6 more friends... this like a crazy chain letter, man, only, if I break the chain, bad luck won't be bestowed upon me... I hope... So here ya go:

1. I still have all my 45's and 33LP's that's "vinyl" for those of you born after what 1985?? Unfortunately they don't consist of the music I listen to,now. I'm cringing as I put this up, but anyone who might have a sister close to my age will understand...OK.. here ya go and please... don't judge me... I have grown a lot musically! Donny Osmond, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, Tony DiFranco and the Difranco family ( you knew there had to be Italians in there somewhere!) I also believe I have some 78's too.My taste has vastly improved!

2. I was painfully shy growing up! I really didn't come out of my shell until I was about 15 when I got my first job. Those who know me know can't believe it, but alas it's true, dear friends. If I were to go into a room full of strangers... you'd find me blending into the wall.. Yes, a total Wall flower! I hate going to meetings or seminars for work and work as a group with strangers, cuz I'm so uncomfortable. I avoid it like the plague!

3. I can't sleep without the TV on. A bad habit I got into about 13 years ago, I was in the hospital, my son was stillborn, and I had a 5 night stay at the hospital, I had the TV on so I didn't have to deal with what was happening to me, hear the monitors, or babies, plus I was always awake between 2-4am , (I assume that was my sub- conscience) because that is when everything had happened. This went on for several months, so if the TV was on, everything was o.k. I know weird.

4. My very first concert was the BEE GEES, back in 1979, GO DISCO! We were at the Oakland Collisium and sat 3rd row from the stage.. Now, Berry, Maruice (my personal fav RIP),Robin & Andy Gibb in Tight white satin pants? oh yeah baby! I bought a telephoto lens for my Camera, took 7 rolls of film with me and used them all up! Of course I was so close, I really didn't need the lens...And I still have those photos! I recently admitted to hubby, that I wasted a lot of my years not listening to the right music, thinking it was all drug music...though Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin will never be in my music collection. And again, i say my taste in music has improved, however, I am still a BEE GEES fan.

5. I don't drink, but my alcoholic beverage of choice is JACK DANIELS!!! I love Jack! I can't even begin to figure this one out. And I guess I wont!

6. When I was little, I wanted to get married and have 8 kids like my grandmother-then when I hit my teenage years I wasn't going to get married at all, I was going to be the cool single, beautiful, auntie, ( I wasen't even wild about kids) and my sister was going to have a litter of kids... hummm, Now, lets look, my sister has 1 son and has been married for about 24 years... and me, married for 20 with 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters... life is funny sometimes huh???

Well, that's it folks, I'm sure I could come up with some more odd but trues..but, I don't want to scare away the blogging friends I do have... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing, Ann! I was a Duranie in my high school years, and there are, sadly, photos to prove it. So I will talk no shit about your musical misfortunes.

bananas62 said...

truly you are my friend! It was fun playing.. !!! I, like you, would rather do this, come up with off the wall stuff to write about, than work!!!