Tuesday, August 01, 2006

NO CHAOS... HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY MTV!!!

Happy 25th Anniversary MTV!!!

How many of you remember when MTV first started out! A few dozen Videos, music news and gossip about our favorite 80’s groups! I loved it! I envied Martha Quinn – cute, perky, and probably no doubt one of the sweetest people to know in the middle of all this cold stuff! I thought Alan Hunter was the cutest thing around! How cool it would be to be a VJAY, meet the bands, wear cool clothes, and have great 80’s hair! (I had great 80’s hair, and if I still had my hot rollers I could, yet again!)

So, in honor of MTV’s anniversary, I thought I would stop by and visit the old station. So I tune into MTV, we’re they doing anything? Of course not, they’ve come away from videos and gone to those stupid reality shows, and just basic crap. But of course they have big doings on VH1 classics! Awesome, so I sit and watch. REO Speedwagon! Awesome! I love them! Kevin Cronin with BIG BLACK HAIR!? Gads! I remember! He’s much more handsome now, but still as “wiry” as he was back then! HEART? Yeah, you heard the Wilson sisters talk about how much they loved MTV, watching it as well and being on it! Then on comes Carly Simon! God, I think to myself, I remember that song! I remember that band! I dedicated that song to him or that song reminds me of when….. What a good time strolling down memory lane!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MTV AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

2 comments:

ditzymoi said...

I remember !! It was fantastic... and I even remember the first video
Video Killed the Radio Star *sigh*
I loved the whole thing ...why didnt I run away and go to work for MTV like I dreamed ? Ohhh yeah I was already a MOM!

Jennfactor 10 said...

WOOHOO! I remember! I remember buggles, and when the ROCKET launched to mark the hour...then came the shuttle. We did not have cable, so I would babysit for free across the street because I wanted my MTV!