Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cell Phone Chaos... Or..B*t*h Put That Phone Down, Your Not That Important!

Have you ever been in a grocery store, retail store, gas station, and the person ahead of you in line has that damn cell phone to their ear, and doesn’t even acknowledge the person waiting on them?

I was in the grocery store the other nite, and this woman (early 20ish, skinny jeans, spiked heels and a “skanky” tank top, you know the type.) was on her phone…” blah, blah, blah,” The whole time, she’s looking around to the people around her, like how dare you listen to my conversation…. She wasn’t even trying to be a “low talker” she apparently wanted people to know her business or have them think she was important. So, it’s her turn, she doesn’t acknowledge the clerk waiting on her, all the while she’s talking about her decision to have a HALLOWEEN PARTY! OMG! It’s not like that couldn’t have waited until she got out of the store. HELLO!!! IT’S LIKE 2 ½ MONTHS AWAY!!!! So the clerk is done ringing her up and she barks out orders she needs cigarettes. NO please, NO thank you, NADA!! How rude. Finally I hear her tell her phone mate that she needs to go and she’ll call her back, ONLY because she needed to get money back with her purchase. Transaction completed, not a “thank you” was uttered! HOW RUDE.

I’m up! The checker started talking to her courtesy clerk (box boy, bagger whatever is PC these days) about this customer who was talking on her cell phone and kept asking her” Am I annoying you, cuz I’m on my phone?” I’m sure there could be many more reasons for her to be annoying! After experiencing the customer before me, I just had to join in. We came to the same conclusion. How rude some people can be with their cells. We laughed about how important some of these people think they are with their phone cemented to their ear! We vented, we laughed, we felt better…Transaction completed, I bid my farewells, “thank-you” & “have a nice night” I head towards the car with a smile on my face, knowing it not just me …I then observed the blonde in the silver Mercedes, taking up 2 parking spots, she couldn’t park right because she was on her phone. (It must be tough to pull that phone away for a minute) The SUV cutting off another car because, he wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings cuz…. He was on the phone. Lord, help us all! I swear, we’re all surrounded by idiots with cell phones.

1 comment:

ditzymoi said...

that is sooo true!! i cant even tell you how many times ive been almost run over by stupid people on cell phones in just the last couple months!
i thought we were passing some law about having to use the hands free devices? not that its going to help some of these idiots that cant talk and think at the same time ...but it could help a little i hope