Thursday, August 24, 2006

SHE GOT A JOB!!!

Well, it finally happened! Little S got a job! I really don't know who's more excited, S or mom!

She is rather inexperienced in Job hunting, ( you know they should come to her and beg her to work for them... I told her in most cases it doesn't work that way!) job interviewing, HELLO Job anything other than Del Taco... but, She nailed it today!

3 weeks ago there was an ad in the paper for a Massage Therapist! How perfect, She has been studying for this already has 300 hours under her belt! We fax the small, yet highly embellished resume to the number in the ad. Nothing, later that week, Nothing. Last week, nothing. God, it's been a long couple of weeks.

Yesterday I get this phone call at work, from an excited young woman, Could this be my mellow, non excitable child... HELL YEAH! Talk about a different person, She rapidly told me about the job opening and could she come in for an interview!!! "OH MY GOD, I'M SO NERVOUS!" Relax, calm down, I try to persuade, but she's talking a mile a minute...It's really great to see!
the interview was penned in for Thursday @ 9:30 am.

Well, here it is Thursday morning @ 9am and she's sitting in the parking lot at the Spa, "Stay on the phone with me until I go in" She begs. I asked her what time she planned on going in at , she nervously answered 9:15. OK, I suppose I could talk for 15 minutes and do my work. She finally goes in. I'll call you when it's over ...

Shortly after 10 am she calls sounding a bit dejected. Well, she explains, they are interviewing someone else and they will let her know. She said if she didn't hear from them by Monday, then she should call... Well, You know what that means...She had to give a massage as part of the interview... Interesting.

by 11:45 she 's back on the phone, that she has the job!!! Said the woman saw a potential in her and really wants her to work for them! (my skeptic mind is thinking other things.. but neither here nor there.) Cuz She got the job!

She starts training tomorrow, at which time I will gladly pass along how her 1st day went!

Thanks for your positive thoughts for my Little S!

2 comments:

Jennfactor 10 said...

Woo Hoo, Little S!

bananas62 said...

Stay tuned... some of her comments about job and life are sooooo wellll BLONDE!!!! I guess it's a good thing she is !!!