Wednesday, October 18, 2006

MONDAY NITE CHAOS-GOOOO BEARS!!!!

I’m a Bears Fan. Or should I say, I’m a Bears fan by marriage. I never had the love of sitting on my Butt hours upon hours, watching the myriad of very well paid men knock the crap out of each other for the glory of 6pts and a victory dance at the end of the field.

I fought watching football tooth and nail! Let’s go out side, let’s buy a boat, and go motoring up the Delta, how about a Moto Guzzi and “tool” around town with the wind in our hair. Anything but WATCHING SPORTS ! I never dated anyone so into (watching) sports as my hubby. They had boats or bikes! I would like to think of myself as a “doer” not a “watcher”. So I suppose if I was to be with him I would have to learn to love it… What ‘s the best way to learn to love something? Well, for me and sports with would have to be pick the team with the cutest players! And the 1985 Chicago Bears was my team! I could look at them every week and not feel the least bit guilty about ogling cute men in spandex!!! Yummy! To top my list would be Gary Fencik! #45 “MR. CLEAN” to me he was just a “hottie!” Forget his playing skills, forget his Yale Sheep skin.. He was just HOT! And he still is. It was exciting because they were having an awesome season so at least there was some excitement for me to watch the game. Also on my list of hotties were Mike Singletary, Steve Bell, and Walter Payton. Plus Coach Ditka to me was probably one of those men who was Big Teddy Bear with his family, friend and I suspect at times, to his team, but, I could be wrong, however….
Needless to say, though, I could honestly say, You would never find me watching football by myself. REGARDLESS

Enter Circa 2004, and rookie, Rex Grossman!. Hello!!!! Yes, I know I am old enough to be your very young mother, but honey, you’re adorable! I have 2 daughters….wanna be my son in law? And how ‘bout Brian Urlacher? Yes, I offer him one of my daughters too! Hubby would be thrilled, too! Anyway…Yes, I’m back to reality!

This past Monday nite, it was the Bears –vs- the Cardinals. Stats should have told you who would probably come out victorious. We were supposed to go to a friend’s house to watch the game, but the youngest was sick so I sacrificed myself to stay home and tend to the sick child. Hubby left and left the game on in the bedroom. Knowing that if I were to change the station, it would be changed back somehow by osmosis, it just happens this way. My luck. So I watched Arizona score 2 TDs in the first 10 minutes.. GOOD GOD, REX, BRIAN, what’s going on?… Getting no answer from Rex or Brian. I left the room, however, I left the TV on. Maybe I was bringing them bad luck. I went about the house doing some house work , tending to the pets. And every time I walked by the bedroom I would stick my head in the door and check the score. (did I really say that?) 4th quarter, all looks bleak for my “boys” so I hit the shower. I get out of the shower with 5 minutes left and see I missed some action cuz, the bears were down by just a TD. HUM. I guess I will sit and watch. (did I really say that too?) And watch I did. I watched them make a TD and then the extra point with just a couple minutes left!!!! Yeah MY BOYS!!!!

What’s worse? I felt bad that the Kicker(I know thats not the correct term, It might be Punter?) for Arizona missed his kick. Poor guy!!! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME??? I actually care who won? But really the icing on the cake was the look on hubby’s face when we actually conversed at length about the game. Did I say I would never watch football by myself? Yes, I did, but it also confirms the saying, “never say never!”

GO BEARS!!!

No comments: