Saturday, December 09, 2006

CHRISTMAS PARTY FUN!!!

Last night was our Company's annual Christmas Party!!! We enjoy going, and we always have a good time. It's the one time of the year I socialize with co-workers, I usually don't schmmoooz with, for what ever reason. For the most part, tho, I am not anti-social,but you get an office full of women together, it's generally bad news, Too many personalities, and someone always has to be the "alpha female". I do have a small circle of co-workers that I do consider my friends, and as I have stated before, it's not the quantity, it's the quality !!! My co-worker friends totally rock!!! They are all in various stages of life and we're all just very cool, no egos and love to stay away from the DRAMA.!!!

The party started out as always, we entered the once working ferry boat, that now caters to parties and receptions, we pick up an envelope with our name on it, inside is drink tickets, name tags and a raffle ticket. Then we pick our table and then hit the bar! The drink tickets are for beer and wine, Hard Liquor is $$$ and also soda. My usual, A shot of Jack Daniels and a Diet Pepsi, Hubbys Beer...

The night is always funfilled, great food, this year, and Italian Resturant catered and always the best raffle prizes, the Xmas "committee" always chooses the best gifts... usually electronics, gift cards and 40, 80, and 120 hours paid vacation.(which is generally cashed out) Not bad at all.
This year myself and about 4 others were recognized as 10 year employees. We get the framed certificate of appreciation and a $50.00 gift card!

Usually, there is some sort of entertainment, the last two years we have been serenaded by a coworker who, actually auditioned for "American Idol", She has a beautiful voice. This year we were entertained by "the Garbagettes and Bill" a cute little ditty written by two of our customer service reps, to the tune of R-E-S-P-E-C-T. And while they have nothing on Aretha, they did a great job. Safety vests and all. Now... back to the raffle...

As I have said in previous posts my boss is the bomb! He's easy on the eyes, fairly easy to talk to, (I still get nervous, cuz he's my boss...) and has a sense of humor that wont quit!
He likes to "wheel and deal" when it comes to the raffle prizes, Co-worker Jen reminded me of one year, he "wheeled" one gal out of a gas bbq and into 2 dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts... This year's prizes included Xbox360, 4 or 5 ipods, kareokee machine, boom box, a couple of "wrapped prizes" which usually means..gag gift and the ever popular envelopes! Envelopes contain, $$$$ in some form. the Raffle begins and they are getting down to just the envelopes, there was this one evelope everyone kept passing up... and just when I had given up all hope, My number is up...'I WANT THAT ONE ENVELOPE, EVERYONE IS PASSING UP" My boss asks me do I really want that envelope. YES! I open it up and there is a $50.00 gift card. Cool, but then boss man said ...is there more??? and OMG!!! tucked inside the GC, there was a certificate for 120 hours of vacation.!!! that's 3 yes, 3 weeks vacation!!!! I'm cool!!!! Im awesome,!!!! and I want to thank the first guy, who passed up the envelope, and went on to win a nose trimmer!!! I figure, it's gonna be cashed out, unfortunately at the bonus rate.. which sucks but then , I have spending money for my vacation in a couple of weekS!!!!!

Then it's time to dance & drink! As the crowd starts thinning out, we're sitting b.s.ing with a few others...one co-worker brought her boyfriend and her brother( all about 20-24), me and hubby and then another couple-coworker bf and bro, are lit, having a good time telling us we were by far the funnest table... laugh , laugh, the bf looks at me and asked how old I was...HUMMM I suppose he never heard not to ask a woman her age, but... Me being me...told him... "44" his reply... "man, I can't imagine being that old..." OUCH! AND THANKS PAL!, YOU HAVE JUST LOST ALL BROWNIE POINTS, EARNED" :-)

The night was a success, The Garbagettes and Bill should take their show on the road...the "comittee" did well as usual and I scored big! We closed the placed down and this "old broad" slept like a baby!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Now that's a great Christmas party prize! Woot! Congrats. All I want for Christmas is a Fish!