Saturday, January 26, 2008

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES!

I love you, mom and I hate to see you in pain. Sometimes ur gonna have 2 take the advice you give me. Your a beautiful woman, start doing what you want.

This was the text message Little S sent to me on Thursday! I had a slight emotional moment and basically fell apart. Something I would have preferred she not see, but since she was home and I was home, in a "mood" if you will, she witnessed, first hand, and for the first time how her strong willed, emotionally stable mom "lost her composure."

I've been telling her for 3 years now, that she needs to lose "wonder boy" father of little K and soon to be "baby N"and get on with her life without him since he seems to only want to be a father of convenience.... well, it looks likes she's been listening, but not wanting to follow my advice... hum...this is where, "when are your going to follow your own advice" came into play.

I looked at her for the first time that day as a young confident woman who will be raising her two children by herself, no not an ideal situation however, I have no doubt she'll do just fine! My only question now is can her mom follow her own advice???

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Ann,
How are you doing my friend ?
I hope that you are trying to take things a day at a time...
Wow; it looks like your daughter is growing into a strong woman.She loves you and likehow you feel about your children,she also wants the best for her Mom.

If you wan't to let it go on the blog or on e-mail, go ahead.
Friends .

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I have faith in you to get out of a bad situation. I have a friend that has finally seen the light after 10 years of a verbally abusive marriage.

If she can do it, anyone can.

SpanishGoth said...

Seems to me, Little S is correct. I've never met you but I would walk through fire for you (with suitable safety precautions obviously).

Do as she says - be who you were meant to be, not who you were told to be

Besos

XXX

ditzymoi said...

I have always counted you as one of the most amazing women I have ever met and I have faith in you Ann!

You lead by example Ann ... stay strong and focused on being the best you can be and being honest with yourself!

I love you my friend *big hugs*

bananas62 said...

Hi Barbara!
I'm good for the moment! geez how I hate having my kids see me as "human" it kind of ruins my "bitch" label! hee hee.

Hey Andrea!
I have faith I'll get myself through this too! The decisions I need to make will effect more than just me...sooooo I have to think carefully! I would be easy if he were a verbally abusive ass, but, for the most part that's not the case.

My Goth!
I'm touched!! Since I am the Safety Manager at work...Well, I'd have the fire extinquisher ready and able! "Be who I was meant to be and not who I was told to be..." That is truely a valuable statement! I wish I had learned that before now!

Kimmy,
All I can say Is I love ya!! I've always thought I could handle most things life has handed me...I think having Little S basically tell everything I've ever told her, it was shocking... I mean this means she's acutally listened to what I've had to say???