Monday, January 07, 2008

OMG! IT'S REALLY YOU!!!!

When I was younger, I used to work in a grocery store. It was a lot of fun! For the most part I enjoyed it, it was sometime gruelling work, I sometime totally disliked the customers but I loved the vendors, who brought in our breads, soda and beer.. It was like it was a prerequisite to be a adorable in order to get a job! *To those doing the hiring....I applaud you!*
I remember one in particular, he drove for a pastry company...I thought he was the most handsome man ever put on this earth! He was cute, funny and all the things a 20year old girl would drool over! I loved to flirt with him, he flirted back! another endearing quality!!! I absolutely loved(lusted) him. He was the "ideal" man..well 25 years ago, anyway! He had a couple of flaws but I didn't care....Then it happened he got transferred to a different route! How could this be? My days at work suddenly got longer! But I never forgot him...and apparently he didn't forget me either.
Fast forward with me, if you will, 24years... My sister still works at the store and My delivery man was rerouted to the store again. One day, as sis is climbing up the stairs to her office, he tells the receiving clerk, "I know her sister..." That night I received a call from sis asking me "to spill" So I spilled, with her face,I'm sure, contorted to that "disbelief, yet, yep, I'm so glad I didn't know about that, then" look on her face. I told her if you see him tell him I said "hi" well, my sister being my sister, who is very opposite of me, (she would be the introverted one) never did...
Saturday, I had to visit sis at the store...as we are walking out, this delivery guy walks past us.."Hola" he says... hmmmm... my sister looks at me like,DAH and hits me on the arm.."hello, that's him!" I looked at her, I looked at him, I looked at her again, "NOOO" was all I could say...then I followed him back to the check in desk...he turns around and looks at me as though my eyes have bored holes right through him..."Anni?" He said as a huge smile crossed his lips.. (oh those lips!) He was a little grayer than before, after all it has been 25 years or so, but he was still handsome, even without the mustache. We reminisced about our marriages, his divorces and compared kids and grandkids... He's got 2 more kids and 2 more grandkids than I do! It was fun! We caught up with each other and went our separate ways! All in all, it was a great day!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Lucky you to have people you flirted with/talked to that you want to remember. I wish I could forget all of mine...permanently.

bigandbald said...

Welcome back darlin'. I'll be in CA in late Feb. We have much catching up to do.

bananas62 said...

Mistress...
Don't cry over the fish!!... smile because it happened!!

D!!!!!!
I love ya man! Whew! thanks for not giving up on me!!! Yes, Let's hook up on Feb.. I'll be attempting a ski weekend around the 22ndish... But you'll be able to meet my new Grandson, then!!!