Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Help Me!!!! I'm Stuck in the 70's and I Like it!!!!!

Ok, I did it. I have become one of those people who are into the latest gadgets! I bought Satellite Radios as Christmas Gifts, for a lot different reasons; while getting the "connection" I was offered my own personal Satellite Radio...That's it dangle that carrot in front of my face...I took the bait! I received my own radio a few days later, complete with car kit ( OK well while I like the latest gadget... I'm completely inept at the whole instillation process, so it may never make it in my car) SOLD!!!

Two of my favorite Supervisors have Satellite Radios, Don's is in his new car; I got the whole Satellite experience while we were driving to a meeting about an hour away! Jim has one installed in his car as well as a portable unit, like mine, in his office, only difference..He's got a power cord!!!! Maybe the correct word would be "had" He made the mistake of loaning me his power cord...and well, it's still in my possession! (I'll give it back... really I will!!!)

I've sampled many of the stations, thus far, Comedy, News, Dr. Laura Talk, nothing beats channel 7...THE SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES!!! OMG!!!! I'm so hooked on that station!!! I have a friend who is hooked on Flight 26...Sounds of Today and the 90's. He'll text me with the song they're playing ... I'll text him back with a sound of the 70's... It's alot of fun! I'm listening to old Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Paper Lace, Tony DiFranco and the DiFranco Family, The Partridge Family, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Paul McCartney when they when solo, Abba, The Osmond Brothers and OMG Bobby Sherman!!!!!*when was the last time you heard Bobby Sherman!?*

The best part is that I find myself sitting in my office singing these songs... Yes, these very old songs!(yes, I remember most of the words!) Today, I was in rare performance mode, with my door closed (thankfully to those who know I can't carry a tune!) I'm singing my heart out! Anyone going by my office could see me (or hear me, if you will) singing my little 70's hit! The weird part was I was thinking to myself this morning.... The haven't played "YO YO" by the Osmonds.... 3 hours later..."just like a yo-yo" Donny, the brothers and I were in perfect tune!

Yes, I am stuck in the 70's and yes, I do like it!!!!

5 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You know I don't think I've head much Bobby Sherman lately even on the Pickle. And don't ask why I'm still listening to that channel. I'm a total loser.

ditzymoi said...

lol im glad i dont work next door to you for this phase of your music lovin girlfriend!

i was just catching up...im glad youre back !

and wow ...i remember you telling me about the driver guy from the store awhile back! thats cool :)

bananas62 said...

Mistress, You'd love the whole Satellite experience!!!

Gothman, My very first car was a Mustang! Someday I'm hoping to have another one!!!

Kimmy OMG!!! you'd love it and you know it! hee hee... I wish you were next door still!!! yeah, that driver guy... wow! I may have to go back there and work!NOT!!

Anthony said...

One of my co-workers had a subscription to Sirius and he gave me his sign-in for the web version. I listened a few times and it's pretty cool, but I only enjoyed it because I was getting it for free.
It's bad enough I have to pay for TV, but I don't know if I could ever pay for radio. Probably someday, but not now.
It is good, though, but I'm not in the car long enough to get the full effect.

bananas62 said...

Hey Anthony! I agree I don't like the paying thing yet I love no commercials! And I really like the clarity and variety! It's totally worth it!