Monday, August 25, 2008

Life as I know has just been slowed down... for a bit, anyways!

Hello friends!

I have made countless promises that I would be more diligent in my postings; I guess, as you can see from the date from my last post to today's, I pretty much have blown that promise....
Sure, I can blame a busy life, grand kids, kids, pets, work, work outs, mom and other responsibilities of life, but why, that would be really boring and true. I would really love to say, "it was my cute little Italian cabana boy taking care of my every whim, that has kept me from you" while that would be much more exciting, it would also be very false.

But friends you've got me, probably, almost daily for the next 6-8 weeks... Yup, the disability bug has reared it's ugly head.

Not to go into too much detail, I had surgery last week. I thought that I would bounce right back, but I've come to the realization that I am not a spring chicken. (and, oooouuuuchhhh, that hurts to admit it) The Dr. said I'd be off 6-8 weeks....today I was told it would be the full 8 weeks. I'm thinking, yup, I'm not pushing this envelope at all.

I thought I would just bounce back from this surgery, it's been a week. Yeah, well, I'm sleeping like crap, the pain killers have created havoc with my "system" as well, as my poor system trying to work through the anesthesia, and trying to get comfortable. There is no JUST about anything right now. I'm dealing with my inner demons right now... you know the one, with the halo, that's telling you ..."you can do it, you can just get up out of that bed and cook dinner" and the other one...the one with the pitch fork telling me..." you old broad you can't do anything right now cuz your old!!!!" whatever, I'll let 'THEM" work it out...Me? I think I'll take a nap!

Talk to ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jennfactor 10 said...

{{hugs}} miz banana!

You have those wrong, by the way, The little bitch whispering that you should make dinner? SHE'S the one with the pitchfork. You do for everyone else, let THEM step up and do for you!

I may be biased, but there are priorities to be set, and post-op means REST, baby.

Barbara said...

Hi Anne,
I wish you to be better very soon !!
But, I know how these operations go, so take things a day at a time.
Hey !! What ever happened to your family and them pitching in a little bit ??
I don't want to be the critic, but it would help A LOT !

See you on the e mail soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yeah its time for people to do for you a bit.

Now go take another nap.

BTW..my yahoo id is andiig7

bananas62 said...

Jen!!!!
I miss you! How's work?... Nah I don't care...I hear ya and I really am taking it easy! Hard to believe, but it's true...I'll have all kinds of recipe ideas for our next pot luck!!! Yeah, I know...
BARB!!!
I am taking it one day at a time for sure.. I've got no other option at this time...the fam is pitching in mostly by leaving me alone!!! I love Vicodin!!!
Andrea!!!
I am a nitemare from hell...but I will get myself back into the computer savy place once again...I will work on the IM stuff!!!