Sunday, September 03, 2006

Internet Chaos or not, I love the net!!!

As I have been on my quest to find a long lost friend, I actually found 2 others I had lost contact with over 12 years ago I don't care what anyone says.. the internet CAN BE YOUR FRIEND!... (fade to flash back)

A long time ago before I was wife, mom, noni, I was just me, young and working in a grocery store in a sleepy little town in the Central valley. I loved the job because I sometimes met the coolest people. I hated the job because I had to work nights and weekends. But, now looking back that was a positive, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have ever met one of my most favorite people. He was tall, good looking, blonde and just an all around nice guy, and I think he drove a BMW/or a Volvo... I think, which I also think was a perk of his job. We became friends, he was never one of those "oh baby, oh baby," droolie guys or anything like that, where he was trying to get something from me...we weren't friends like that, plus I think the 12 year age different may have had something to do with that too. who knows, He was my friend, and I absolutely adored him! He would have the occassional date and of course they would stop in the store for a bottle of wine or something, she would be beautiful, and she would be just a bit stuck up. Not really his type (the stuck up part) but would be nice to me because, well, I was A's friend. But one day he brought in P She was perfect for him! She was nice, friendly, didn't act like I was a threat and at the time looked alittle, and dressed just like Pat Benatar! This was the girl he would marry. !!!! I liked her immediately. Through my 7 years at this store, we became really good friends, Like hey, we rented this movie come over and watch it with us... the movie, "FOOTLOOSE" My first experience with Kevin Bacon.!!!! YUM! Any way moving on, I would house sit for them, when they went on vacation, (I was in my early 20's, single and still living at home... so yeah, house sitting was good. It was a win win for both!!!! Years later, P helped me get ready for my wedding and I was one of her bridesmaids.
We kept in touch for a few years after I quit the store and they moved to different town.. but as it often happens, the weeks turn into months, and months turn into years and you loose touch. The last time we saw each other was when my youngest, now 12, was just about 3 months old. And their only was about 6 months old....( fade back to present day)

I googled his name, And low and behold they didn't live in the North West, they now lived in the South West...but there was a phone number and address....
so being me... I called, not really expecting to get an answer, but oh MY GOD! "A" picked up on the 3 or 4th ring...At that point I was speechless.. I couldn't even think fast enough to talk... dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Finally I spit out this is a voice from you past... he said the voice sounded familiar, then said, Annie? Yep it's me!!! Relieved, he remembered me and I didn't feel like a fool! He was working from home but, and coulnt' talk, but, called me back the next day.. I caught up with him and "P" and it was like the years had never passed, they were a little stunned that there were grandchildren now, but... other than that, it was all good! We exchanged email addresses, and sent pictures of the kids, and promised to keep in touch, better than we had.!!!! You gotta love the internet! I know I do!

1 comment:

Jennfactor 10 said...

Yay! My girlfreind from Highschool googled my name and came up with my ex-husband's business listing, and now we correspond regularly! Yay, internet!