Thursday, July 13, 2006

WEIGHT LOSS CHAOS... I CAN DO THIS MYSELF well maybe with a little help from my friend!!!

The e-mailed office memo came out about 2 weeks ago, …”not wanting to offend anyone, we are having our own “BIGGEST LOSER” Contest” The rules rather simple… everyone who participates, has to put in $25.00 towards the “pay off” and you have to lose 2% of your weight the first month, if you gain, your out , game over plus you lose your money, and the list goes on and on, in the long run the BIGGEST LOSER can win close to $500.00, not bad as I see it. So you’re probably wondering… Is she going to take part in this bit of office bonding?

HELL NO!!!!

Now you ask, “why not?” Well the list of reasons, while rather short, may explain why.

1) I don’t like to lose money! 25 bucks is still 25 bucks and well I could put that to use somewhere else, like….a phone bill? An electric bill? GAS!!!!!
2) I suck at dieting… so If I fall off the diet band wagon… refer to #1. Plus that would just piss me off if I had to give my money to a person I was less that tolerant of.
3) We have to do a public “weigh in” NOW, for many of you who are not “weight challenged” you might say, not a big deal! Well, you don’t know the people in this office. I couldn’t bear to be the subject of gossip at the water cooler!
4) The keeper of the weight statistics is our General Manager, who, just doesn’t need to know some things… plus the fact that some of this information just might slip out during one of the “good ol boy lunches” he has with the other managers.

So with these small items in mind, I turn to my office mate who is “weight challenged” as well, we discuss partaking and not, we go back and forth and she comes to the same conclusion as I… there is some information some people just don’t need! SO we do the next best thing…We do our diet challenge via the Buddy system! Mind you neither of us still knows what the other weighs, but that’s o.k. We can keep each other on the straight and narrow and count points together, Yes, we are losing, using Weight Watcher Point system, I have still got the books and point counter, that I’ve had from many of my failed attempts at weight loss. But for some reason, this time is seems to be working!

This is week 1
According to the Dr A’s scale I have lost 8 pounds since the last time I was weighed! Not too damn bad. One of my fellow employees even commented on it yesterday, Cool! I told my hubby… his reply… I like girls with a little “junk in the trunk” oh please….this ass is keeping me from wearing some really cute clothes!
My office mate, says she feels better based on the choices she is making. Do you know she turned down her favorite Ice Cream last night? Hubby knew she was having a bad day… bought the Ice cream to make her feel better and she turned it down! Now that is an astounding feeling for her! SHE TURNED DOWN BEN AND JERRY’S! GOD WHAT WILLPOWER!

So as we start week number 2, we enter it with a warm and fuzzy feeling! Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Pendullum said...

Sending warm and cozy loose fitting dreams your way....
Go Girllsss!!!
Good on both of you!!!!

bananas62 said...

Thanks! We're feeling very encouraged!!!

ditzymoi said...

I love the "weight challenged" comment lol ...that cracked me up

Im just plain FAT! lol buttttt I ate green beens and fish for dinner and I havent even eaten half my points today soooooooo ...ive been good :)

ditzymoi said...

and by the way .... 8 lbs?!?!?!
That is Fantastic!!! Im happy for you