Tuesday, September 18, 2007

DAY 1 OF THE AUDIT AND I THINK IT'S ALL GOOD WELL FOR ME ANYWAY!!!

Well as promised, I will let you know how the audit is going , at least in my own mind anyway!
IT'S GOING BETTER THAN I THOUGHT!!!!!!
As I suspected, I was up first for the Safety part... items to be covered, DOT files, OSHA Training, company required training and the required documentation.
I have poured over and over my DOT * Department of Transportation* files for the last 6 months. I knew they were in great order. If there was any documentation missing I actually had a document in it's place explaining why it was missing and I had actually attempted to find anything missing. He took 5 DOT files and went through them with a fine tooth comb. out of 75 items he was looking for, 1 item was missing.!!!! He said my files looked great! (Pays to be "anal" I suppose!)
My training files, he said are better than most he's seen! My head is swelling! He did ask for a couple of items I knew I had, however, I couldn't find. I put them in a Safe Place.*shaking my head as that "safePlace" is more like the black hole!* I really need to quit doing that, it will be my demise for sure! We spent about 3 hours on my training binders and it looks like I'll keep my job for another day.!!!!
My Certificates of insurance were organized and ready to be looked at however, my company seems to ask for very large sums of coverage, and most smaller businesses can't afford the premiums so there are some issues there which it almost sounds like it shouldn't be too much of a problem??? I guess we'll see.
Our Safety Auditor is something else...He's one of these very " safety on the mind" guys with a very bizzare sense of humor... however it's a bit too much when he is complaining about one of our Mechanic's coverall being...too dirty! GADS - I'm seriously shaking my head at that one! shop, garbage company you figure it out!
We'll be having a closing interview on Friday and hopefully all will be well and we'll have passed with flying colors.!!!!!
All the stress and long hours..(and I did work almost 49 hours last week to make sure all is in order, definitely paid off! ) I wasn't sure Friday whether I was going to make it through, with out killing someone!~ Thanks Rob for letting me vent!!
And how's your week going?

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

it's a given that things put in a safe place will get lost somewhere.

Jennfactor 10 said...

Sistah, I only met ONE frigging auditor, and I almost gave myself a coronary. How often do they come?