Friday, September 14, 2007

I can't believe I'm doing it again!!!!

In February WE (we meaning Management) received a memo from our Controller that there was going to be an audit in September. February, People!!!!! Well, guess what September is upon us and so is the audit and everyone is in a panic.! OMG!

I've been since April slowly going through my files, getting everything organized, because, after all this is the "year of the organize Ann!" I've been relatively calm, for my usual uptight self, and thinking "I'm good! I've got everything organized and I'm ready." Enter... the other players! My favorite 3 supervisors: Dave, who is on it! He's doing what he supposed to be doing when he is supposed to be doing and does it without incident. Don, Who is right behind Dave in the getting things done. He started the year with a serious health issue but is back to his old self with the exception, he's not at work 13 hours a day. But stuff got done, maybe not on the same time schedule as Dave but he's on it! I needn't worry. Then there's Jim! I love Jim the most! He' s my procrastinator... Last minute in everything... but yet the first to Stress out...I think Jim is seriously A.D.D.!!! He's always bouncing from one thing to the other, and always goes out of his way for his drivers! And seems to be the Butt of every one's jokes he takes it in stride most of the time!
CONVERSATIONS I'VE HAVE WITH MY 3 FAVORITE SUPERVISORS!
Dave: Do you have my Safety meeting notes for the First 3 months of the year?
ME: Huh? Aren't they in your safety meeting binder I prepared for you? '
Dave: No I remember I gave them to you.
ME: HUH????!!!! (He probably did...I 've got a crappy memory and stress doesn't help.)

Me: Don, you don't seem as stressed as everyone else ... you're totally on top of it!
Don: NO, not really, just not verbalizing my stress...
Me thinking to myself...Don I want your valium!

Me: Jim do you have all your safety meetings up to date???
Jim: I will by the end of the week.
Me: How far behind....oh no don't tell me!
Jim: remember those driver MVR reports you gave me back in March..???
Me: YYYEEESSSS. (hating what I'm about to hear, yet knowing what is about to come out of his mouth)
Jim: I found them,
Me: I knew I gave them to you!
We both smile, I promised Jim I would turn in to a nag from now on if we pass this audit with semi flying colors, so I never have to deal with late paperwork again!

Oh what fun,!!! Oh what headaches I've been having. Oh what knots in my neck! I have to admit though it's not all work! Actually I love being at work and I love my 3 boys! There is something calm in the fact that I neither married them nor gave birth to them!!!

it's been a helluva week!

But I have turned myself back into a fricking workaholic again and It hasn't been too good for my mental or physical well being... 2 more weeks and It will be all over! I'm up first on Monday morning! Am I confident I'm in Compliance with DOT and OSHA!??? ABSOLUTELY MAYBE! ok about 98%
BUT I'LL LET YOU KNOW !!!
It's off to bed now as I've got to work tomorrow (Saturday) morning
Happy Friday people, I did have opportunity to go camping, I should have gone camping!

5 comments:

ditzymoi said...

just in case you think ive escaped the audit trauma ...
Ive replaced it with two bosses who are procrastinators and dumpers! They put shit off up till the last minute and then they dump it on me and expect miracles! ughhhh!!
good luck monday!! i love the new organized non stressed ann *hugs*

Anthony said...

September seemed so far away in February.

Hopefully, the work-stress is short lived. We have some 13-hour people at my office. I figure they miss a lot of campout's and other things that they'll wish they did later.

Nobody has ever been on their death bed and said, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time at work."

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm so glad I don't have that many supervisors etc. I just have Puddinghead :) And he's more than enough :)

Barbara said...

Hi Ann,
How are you doing today,
Glad to read your news again.
Here's wishing that you get over this stressful time. It sounds like you are coping fine... the attitude is good.
Stay strong; I know that you can get through it.

bananas62 said...

Kimmy! Yep... I know what ya mean about the procrastinators...JIM but I'm going to be on him like white on rice, poor guys not gonna know what hit him!

Anthony! 13 hour people ??? GADS! I am in agreement...as far as spending more time at work... in the end did it really matter???


Andrea! yep, I'm familiar with"puddingheads" but I dont' have any here!


Barbara!
just wait til you read my next entry!!!!!