Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow, Me? A Sports Injury?

Since last year, if not longer, I have been on this new regiment of diet and exercise. I was tired of getting clothes in the "tent department" * well, not really that bad *But I did think it was time that I pull my head out of the "I can't lose weight syndrome" and really get serious about it. Funny thing is... IT FREAKIN' WORKS! Diet and Exercise, who knew!
I am now down about 40 pounds and can jog 3 miles,(where before I couldn't even jog for 3 minutes) and go to "spinning" class at the gym and not fall too far behind the rest on that dreaded stationary bike. So far this has come with little or no incidence, until NOW!
I woke up in the middle of the nite, last week with what appeared to be a "Charlie Horse" I'm cool with that, I got up and stretched my right calf, cuz it's always my right calf, and went back to sleep. I didn't think it too strange to wake up with the memory of what I experienced during the night but it was normal and I could forge on. I continued my morning routine at the gym, my calf would become less tight as I moved and stretched it, and tighten up a little after a long day. Still, I thought the worst was over...notice I said THOUGHT?
I was rushing to my car yesterday after work and just as my right foot hit the pavement I felt it... POP! I practically fell to the ground in extreme pain, but I tuffed it out...got in my car and got home as quick as I could...to begin the Ice and Heat treatment..I'm not a fan of the ice treatment... burr but i do love the heating pad! Did it help? a little, did I go to the gym this am ? Absofrickinglutely! Did I do my normal Gym type stuff? Oh HELLL no and I hated every part of it...
I am resting my calf and not running and holding the walking even to a minimum...Damn, I'm perplexed as to what I did wrong to warrent such a situation, I'm not a jock nor do I pretend to be one... but wow! a sports injury...one more thing on my "been there done that list!"

And how was your day?

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The gym makes me want to kill people, by means of dragging people that weigh less than 100lbs to the nearest Wendy's and forcing a baconator down their little unused throats.

Barbara said...

First off, I'am THRILLED to see you back !
No kidding; you have been out of circulation but that's life my friend.
I'am proud of what I read ( except the parts where you got hurt !!); you keep it up, girl. Keeping your New Year Resoltion.

You get those banged up bits healed soon too.
I'll say it; you got guts; thumbs up.

By the way; I'am so happy; this year we are US bounf. A travel photo blog is in the works when we will return too...

I hope to see you again soon

xxoo

bananas62 said...

Hey Mistress,
I totally understand, however, the gym should get those endorphines moving... so if you must drag those 100 pound Barbies to Wendys to force feed them, Please do so with a Smile!!!!!

Barb!!!!
Hey girl!Yes, I've neglected my blong for far too long! I see lots of changes I'm totally not aware of! The calf is feeling better and I think by Monday I'm back Hard At It!!!
Is that US Bound??? Kool! When? How long?? Are you hitting the Mainland or just Hawaii?????