Wednesday, June 21, 2006

You got to love America and County Fairs!!!

How cool is America? Where else in the world can you Bring Top entertainment to a County Fair? See a great Concert for just the price of admission?
You know, I always check who's coming to Our County Fair each year, in hopes that maybe some Totally awesome, (did I just step out of the 80's?) band with Rock this town and maybe turn a few young impressionable "rap" enthusiasts to the other side of music, you know the good side.! So it happened this year it was STYX!! How cool was that I thought! I made sure I had PENNED that day on the calendar, and I would go by myself if I had to, but fortunately, I didn't! my honey loves STYX as much as I, and we were off.! Ready to Rockin in Paradise! But as life as a grandparent would have it, we got "the call." Mom, can you watch the baby while I work out?....AH NOOOO, but, if it's o.k. we'll take her with us? ( How cool is that I would have loved to go to a concert with my grandma.) Sure no problem. This was a win, win situation for all involved! Mom got to work out, NONI, and OPA and baby, got to rock out!
It was a beginning to a fabulous evening! We got to the fair, paid our $16.00, as, baby was free! We hurriedly pushed our way, with help of the stroller, to the main stage only to find that there had been people there for hours standing in line to actually sit down and watch the concert! HOURS!!! In all the years we have never had to Stand, acutally we've always made it to some really cool seats! This year would be the exception!
Well, then the time came, with baby on my shoulders and keeping the beat to the music on my head we celebrated a milestone with Granddaughter #1 Her first concert with a real rock and roll band! (Something we never did with our own daughters 22,.18, &12) She loved it! We saw old friends who knew our girls growing up, Ex soccer coaches, ex base ball coaches and just people we haven't see for a while and some we only now see at the Fair! The concert ended after an hour and a half, the Boyz rocked their hearts out and we all apprecieated it!!! We were sorry we couldn't continue through their whole catologue of songs! But, after all we only paid 8.00 a piece to see them! ( The last time we saw them was in Reno and the Tickets were $80.00 a piece! YOU"VE GOT TO LOVE THIS COUNTRY AND COUNTY FAIRS!!!! I know I do!

No comments: