Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THIS IS WHY I LOVE MY FRIEND, VIC!!!!

I have this friend, Vic, who has been my friend since Kindergarten. So one could essentially say we have been friends for 40 years! I emailed him recently to find out how he is doing, He' s had to retire do to back and neck issues. Poor guy has had 3 different surgeries and they just couldn't get him back to where he needed to be...so he gets to retire. Lucky little shit! He told me that he and his wife have sold the house and are taking a little cross country trip, in their 29 ft fifth wheel...they will be out and about traveling for the next year..!!! how cool is that...

Anyway, Vic's shoulders are broad, he listened to my "Poor me" story the other day. He, I'm sure, was shaking his head the whole time he was reading my email... wondering where did the "real Ann go" cuz the person who sent this email has clearly lost it! We went back and forth for a few emails... and he gave it to me straight to say the least.. "find yourself, first, that I needed to be able to stand on my own two feet not to rely on anyone or have anyone rely on me...He told me I needed to be pampered.....HUM Pampered...this is a novel, strange yet intriguing word, Pampered...He told me if the people in my life can't seem to do it then it was high time to find someone who would. WOW! Pampered, how does one act when pampered.???? I know, and those who know me know that I would probably reject this strange word... as I have always been so damn independent...I wanted to be the strong female and well, look where it has gotten me... so obviously there is a fine line and I have to find it along with someone who knows this " pampered " word. Vic, you held nothing back in giving me the information I knew all along, but you gotta help me find this Mr. Right person, who will pamper me...Me? wow? I might like that! Vic, here's to another 40 years! Happy trails my friend and be safe out there!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Anne,
How are you doing?
That is just wonderful to have Vic as a friend all these years. It is very touching.
Hey; pamper is not a bad verb. we all need some ! Listen to Vic !
And I'am going to pamper you just a wee bit, by giving you a surprise. Not a meme...You go see on my blog !

You take care.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If you find this person...could you possibly check to see if he has a brother. :)

bananas62 said...

Hey Barb!
Thanks! I read your blog! Thank you thank you thank you thank you! You rock chickie!!!! This truely made my day!! I needed that!!!!


Mistress!!!
Man, If I find him... and he does have a brother, I may keep them both and use one as a spare!!!!